FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH (DISCIPLES OF CHRIST) / LYNDALE UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST / SALEM LUTHERAN CHURCH
(Revised April 2017)
Position Title: Youth Minister
Supervision: Reports to and is supervised jointly by all three pastors.
Congregational Context: We are progressive congregations on the edge of Uptown, collaborating in ministry and yet rooted in our respective congregational and denominational history and identity. Salem, Lyndale, and First Christian Church, base ministries from a re-newed, shared Ministry Center called SpringHouse Ministry Center. We usually worship separately, but many programs are shared jointly such as Sunday School, Youth, Young Adults and some of our justice works. More information about the hiring congregations is on our web sites at www.discoversalem.org, www.lyndaleucc.org and www.fccmpls.org.
Responsibilities: Work collaboratively with congregational volunteers and staff to plan and implement a youth ministry program for middle school and high school (ages 10-18). Teach Sunday School. Build relationships; provide opportunities for study, discussion, fellowship, and service; nurture the varied stages of faith development in young people; and reach out to un-churched and de-churched youth in our surrounding neighborhood.
- Lead a youth group from the congregations and surrounding neighborhood
- Schedule regular events to build youth group routines
- Work within the theology and polity of the United Church of Christ (UCC), the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
- Participate in DOC, ELCA and UCC conferences and events as appropriate.
- Regularly participate in worship in each of the congregations.
- Provide opportunities for youth to develop their Christian faith identity and explore their beliefs
- Organize and supervise events including weekly activities, youth trips, retreats and service projects
- Promote and communicate youth program with youth, parents, and the congregations
- Work in relationship with a Youth Ministry Advisory Team to set priorities for youth ministry at Salem, Lyndale, and First Christian.
- Meet once or twice a month for conversation with Pastors, and regularly with Youth Ministry Team
- Track youth ministry budget
- Provide annual report for the congregations
Hours: Approximately 10 hours per week.
Pastor Laurie Feille email@example.com or 612-870-1868
Pastor Ashley Harness Ashley@lyndaleucc.org or 612-825-3019
Pastor Rhonda Hlavinka firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-872-4650
Posted: June 27, 2017
Open Until Filled
Three Churches, Three Traditions
The Ministry Center is made up of three churches, representing three very different traditions. You can learn more about each tradition below.